Countersinking Maso

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Recently, countersinking meso has had me thinking. I want some way to uniformly create a perfect countersink that's right every time. Yes we have several styles of counter sink and pre-drill bits, but all require more care to get the countersink "just right" than time always permits.

So of course I turned to the internet and found out what I needed is a counter sink with a stop collar. However even the ones with a stop collar seem like they will still drill a hole too deep even at their shallowest setting. Or maybe I just haven't found the right countersink yet.

So after exhausting my resource and knowledge I have to ask, what can I use to perfectly countersink drywall screws in 1/4" meso?

Last edited:
........So after exhausting my resource and knowledge I have to ask, what can I use to perfectly countersink drywall screws in 1/4" meso?

Skill my friend, skill and lots of practice.

No, seriously, a countersink with a stop collar has always worked well for me. If you set the stop to right at the shoulder of the cutting blades it leaves you with a perfect Divet.

Skill my friend, skill and lots of practice.

No, seriously, a countersink with a stop collar has always worked well for me. If you set the stop to right at the shoulder of the cutting blades it leaves you with a perfect Divet.

Ah Van-Man I was hoping you'd answer.

I don't have any stop collars in my possession, just the cheap countersinks that don't come with such things, so I wasn't sure just how shallow they can be set.

Yea that is a good one.

I have never had much of an issue using the double sided "flip" style bits. The right one for me hits every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back