Design Creating a Personality For RGB fixtures on ETC Expression 3

I'm trying to control a simple RGB American DJ Punch LED Pro fixture. The only problem is I have to create a personality for it with the ETC offline personality editor. The Expression 3 is from the 1990's so i'm not surprised that there isn't Red, Green, Blue attributes. Is there an attribute equivalent that I could use in place of RGB? ex. intensity, CMY, color.

Attachments

• Personality Editor.JPG
    Personality Editor.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 253
The only thing it does is give you something to look at and setup on your encoders.

You could use anything you want to control it as long as you put it in th correct order and you have your encoder page setup to use said attribute.

So
Red = M
Blue = C
Green = Y
Intensity = Intensity

If you didn't want to use the encoders or even deal with the fixture profiling you could just set the address and use the channel individually or set each red to a group/sub and do it that way.

It's just all how you want to grab things

S8 1-5 encoder encoder encoder
Group 1 at 75 Group 2 at 25 Group 3 at 45
Sub 1 fader Sub 2 Fader Sub 3 Fader

You catch my drift.

No problem. It's what we do.

Doing the same thing right now, and I am very surprised that the personality editor won't let the user name their own attributes. It seems like such a simple thing to implement, and I'm surprised there weren't more complaints about it at the time. Oh, the joy of fighting with old consoles/software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back