Dimmer Repair

Heather B

Hello,

I've been asked to fix a dimmer pack. It's an ADJ DP-415. At first it was an issue with a blown fuse, I've ordered replacements, since then the DMX indicator light has gone off. I've replaced the fuse with a new one (GMA F6.3A 250V), but now I am unable to test it as the DMX connection seems to be having an issue. I'm not sure what to troubleshoot/check next to determine where the problem is or what part I may need to repair/replace. I am positive the DMX cable that is hooked to the box is in working order, as I've tested it successfully afterwards. I at least know the problem has something to do with the dimmer pack. Suggestions?

Considering that you can buy a new one on Amazon for $105, I’d question whether it’s worth investing any more time trying to fix it.

Paper weight now. Buy a new one and save yourself the hassle and time.

Save it for parts when the next one blows. Sounds like at the very least the DMX chip is bad. But blowing fuses and dmx chips would lead me to believe that there is a larger problem that will continue to cause headaches. At that price point, get a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back