Control/Dimming Dimmers Unpatched Message

norbe

My Strand 520i is giving me a Dimmers Unpatched error message. I have gone to the patch page and discoverd dimmr 1.7 is at a red 0%. How do I fix this? The command "Dimmr 1.7 @ FULL * " Doesn't work; it just puts the instrument on full power.

My Strand 520i is giving me a Dimmers Unpatched error message. I have gone to the patch page and discoverd dimmr 1.7 is at a red 0%. How do I fix this? The command "Dimmr 1.7 @ FULL * " Doesn't work; it just puts the instrument on full power.

there is a manual:

http://www.strandlighting.com/clientuploads/directory/downloads/500series_usermanual.pdf

This actually took 5 minutes to find because strands site is cumbersome. I had to go to bluerooms wiki and link it from there. Hope it works.

RYFM

I find the best way of learning a console is by doing what you are doing. Encounter a problem and solve it. I tend to try and use the manufacturers forums for asking how to program questions.

good luck

Last edited:
Just hit: [DIMMER][DIMMER]

Or if you have multiple dimmers called up and only want to release one: [DIMMER]123[@][DIMMER][*]

For future reference, the reason you've got this message on screen is because you've brought a dimmer to a particular level rather than a channel to that level (so you've gone DIMMER 1.7 @ ## rather than just 7 @ ##) - apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!

And to tag onto what Alex was saying...
When you capture a dimmer on a strand console, it takes precident over the channel value that the dimmer is connected to. Because it does not display what dimmers are captured on the "live" view, it instead just tells you that you have "unpatched" dimmers from their control channels. When you hit dimmer dimmer, all the dimmers go back to the channels they were originally patched to. Its a pretty great feature that I miss when I am working in express land.

Thanks everyone! Entering [Dimmr] 1.7 [@] [Dimmr] [*] worked! And the best part was it was an easy fix! That always makes my day better when I have to sit playing with my console all day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back