Diversitronics Strobe

Taniith

We picked up this old Diversitronics strobe light used last year, and I'm trying to figure out what lamp it uses (before we actually need it). I'm not sure what the "ST-50" on the case is meant to signify, but as best I can determine it is one of these: http://web.archive.org/web/20030803085813/http://diversitronics.com/catalog/003.html

(Right? Yes?)

Based on the list of available lamps here, http://www.diversitronics.com/, does anyone know if I'd be correct in assuming I want the Mark 50 lamp, which says "(50S-2 & Old DMX Models)"?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Prior to the DMX models, they had a model 20, 30, and 50. They all used the same lamp, but the max power was limited by timing in the controller. (50 being the most powerful.)
I suspect the Mark 50 is the correct lamp as the strobe you have pictured is a 120 volt model that looks identical to the ones I had with the exception of the addition of the DMX connectors and dip switches.
I concur, email before buying. Note- These strobes fire the lamp directly across the AC mains (as many do) so there are no large capacitors or transformers. As such, performance is directly related to the gauge and length of the extension cable used to power it.

Ah, interesting. Ok thanks, sounds like emailing them is the best bet. I only asked here first in the hopes that I'd get a quicker response so I can jump on some half-price surplus (new) lamps I know about.

I admit, I did not expect a response that quickly... For anyone else who stumbles on this post with similar questions:

"You are correct, it is the old "1500-DMX" strobe. The Mark 50 was a newer version of the old Model 50S-2 strobe.
Both types of strobes use the Model 0439 replacement lamp.
The price depends on the quantity ordered. Currently, the price for one Model 0439 lamp is $128.00, for two or three the price is $96.00 each and for four or more the price is $80.00 each; freight is additional. Lead time is from stock to 3 weeks after receipt of order"

Thankfully I have a reliable vendor who apparently has a pile of them that they are trying to sell off for $35 a piece, which is much nicer than $128 for a spare we might never use.

I have a few hundred in stock. Contact off line. Once discontinued I had them specially made for where I work to better standards than the original lamps. Once such fixtures went LED I was literally left with hundreds in stock. Believe most of the fixtures themselves went to the scrap yard so only a ?possible on parts.

Other lamp suppliers might have stock in CB protocols for trying to get from others also. Here is the lamp info

XOP15/OF-Ign. Wire Philips OEM T-4, Low Pressure CL, DE. Pulsed Xenon Arc 1.5Kw/105v Cable/Cer+Bananna clip MOL 395mm, 5,600°K/250h Martin #97010307

Last edited:
I have a few hundred in stock. Contact off line. Once discontinued I had them specially made for where I work to better standards than the original lamps. Once such fixtures went LED I was literally left with hundreds in stock. Believe most of the fixtures themselves went to the scrap yard so only a ?possible on parts.

Other lamp suppliers might have stock in CB protocols for trying to get from others also. Here is the lamp info

XOP15/OF-Ign. Wire Philips OEM T-4, Low Pressure CL, DE. Pulsed Xenon Arc 1.5Kw/105v Cable/Cer+Bananna clip MOL 395mm, 5,600°K/250h Martin #97010307
Hello,

I am looking for a lamp replacement for a S502 Diversitronics Strobe. Do you know a good source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back