DMX Control Issues

I have a DMX LED fixture. I connect it to my Express 24/48 board directly in the DMX2-513 output and it works great I can patch it and it works great, I connect it to a DMX 2 output anywhere else in the theatre and it does not work.

What am I missing. The board is plugged into the DMX2 Input and and patches remain the same, DIP switches remian the same, everything. Is there something broken along the way. I have tried all 5 ports and no control.

... Is there something broken along the way. I have tried all 5 ports and no control.
So there are five XLR5-F ports scattered about the theatre labeled "DMX2"? Hopefully there's an opto-splitter somewhere (probably in a rack in the booth or near the dimmer rack(s) ) that is not getting power, or has its XLRs unplugged. Does the LED instrument in question have a "DMX OK" indicator light? If not, a DMXTSTR (see http://www.bigclive.com/dmxtest.htm for instructions to build your own) can be an invaluable tool.

And of course, all the other regular DMX cautions apply: Bad cable, reverse polarity, ground loop noise, termination, problem with the opto-splitter. As Derek says, first see if the fixture can tell you if it is seeing a DMX signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back