Control/Dimming DMX data reader?

siriuse

Would anyone have an idea where I could locate a program that could display all the data being transmitted on a DMX line. I know Doug Fleenor designs as well as others have nifty hand testers. However, I am looking for something that would display all the information simultaneously. I am trying to solve an apparent argument between a console manufacturer and a fixture manufacturer and must verify what is being transmitted to aggresively point my finger at the right manufacturer.

Would anyone have an idea where I could locate a program that could display all the data being transmitted on a DMX line. I know Doug Fleenor designs as well as others have nifty hand testers. However, I am looking for something that would display all the information simultaneously. I am trying to solve an apparent argument between a console manufacturer and a fixture manufacturer and must verify what is being transmitted to aggresively point my finger at the right manufacturer.

I do that with an Enttec ODE and the Artistic License DMX Workshop software. The ODE is a little expensive, but worth it IMO.

If you can get it to streaming ACN using a device such as a Net3 Gateway or Pathport Node, you might try sACNView. It is a free tool that is very useful in seeing what is happening to the data on the network.

It is available here: sACNView - Streaming ACN Viewer

Would anyone have an idea where I could locate a program that could display all the data being transmitted on a DMX line.

Didn't EDI once make a simple DMX to VGA device that allowed you to view DMX data in a pageable format? It was never in their catalogs I believe. It sprang from an internally used test device.

Swisson's DMX tester can do that. That device is well worth its weight in gold. Saved my ass at least 3 times in the past 6 months.

But it won't print the data to paper nor is it transferrable to other devices. It just displays it on its little screen in bar graph format or percentage values. But you can display an whole universe simultanaeously.

Swisson's DMX tester can do that. That device is well worth its weight in gold. Saved my ass at least 3 times in the past 6 months.

But it won't print the data to paper nor is it transferrable to other devices. It just displays it on its little screen in bar graph format or percentage values. But you can display an whole universe simultanaeously.

My God, I completely spaced on that one. I had one demoed to me at Warner Brothers late last year. Man, I'm getting old. This here memory is going. Get off my lawn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back