DMX Digital LED flexible strip

nunny22

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me, i am after finding a way of controlling some Digital LED flex, sometimes called Dream colour strip. essentially, I would like a controller or interface to enable me to create x 2 layers of DMX controls, the first layer being background colour, ie all the flex red, then the second layer enabling me to run a second colour up and down the flex, with perhaps control of size of section that chases, speed of chase and offset.

I have tried the flex using one of the off the shelf controllers, with in built chases, which gives control of chase selection, length of flex to run the chase over, and speed of chase, so the technology is out there

I would be happy to invest in someone's time if they could deliver what I require.

Its a tall ask I know, but any help where i should be looking would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Well, it looks to me like you would need create some kind of interface box that can take DMX in and spit out whatever the control signal is to the LED ribbon.

I found what you may be looking for here: DMX512 to Digital Decoder / Driver Kit with 5m roll water resistant silicone sleeved flexible digital RGB LED ribbon and power supply and quick connectors. Oh, the power of google...

I don't know if that is the same RGB ribbon you are talking about, or if you have it already if it will work with what you have, but it might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back