Control/Dimming DMX Issues

Apark25

Hi, I'm new to the forums and to DMX. I'm working on a church musical. The way the church has their lighting set up is pretty weird. There are Elation DP-DMX20L spread around and are daisy chained together with dmx. All the other conventional fixtures are in the power outlets on the DP-DMX20L's and the end of the DMX chain runs to an Elation Scene Setter 24 console.

I'm wondering how I can attach an LED light to the chain but control it separately from the other lights. Not sure if this is possibly and appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam,

Can you specify how many dimmers you have in the chain?

Provided that you have used less than the 24 channels on the scene setter, you should have no trouble putting a led fixture somewhere in the chain and addressing it with the next free dmx address.

Cheers,
Sam.

There is nothing "weird" about daisy-chaining the dimmer packs with DMX and plugging fixtures in them. That's what is supposed to happen! The control console is actually at the beginning of the chain and not the end, as it is providing the control signal to the packs. Yes, you can add LED fixtures to the DMX chain. Do NOT plug them into the dimmer packs. As mentioned, set the LED's start address to the next available DMX channel. You will have to use a fixture that conserves DMX channels as you only have what is left out of the 24 after you subtract the number of dimmer packs X 4 (assuming all on separate channels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back