Design dmx led lighting in ice surface

newfie76

I would like to install dmx controlled led waterpoof lighting in the ice of a multi-purpose ice skating rink. is it possible and would it hold up to for a long duration. including pressure from zamboni ? we would like to host disco themed skating and for the local figure skating clubs end of season show. looking for a semi permanent solution for skating season. i do have 10 slimpars, 6 qspot 560's, 4 qwash 560's ,4 colorado 72 battens at my disposal that are in a theatre attached to the rink. all can be utilized in arena . should also mention we have 7 adj UV Canons hung over the ice as well.all controlled using light jockey2. If this can be done or if anyone has a better solution it would be greatly appreciated.

There are a number of waterproof LED strips that should hold up if installed under the ice of an arena. The initial flood would likely be when they are at their most vulnerable. The trick is going to be injecting power to them since you have a great deal of area to cover and that will mean lots power supplies and many long runs and terminations that need attention and waterproofing. Do a search for "waterproof SMD 5050".

Another option that might be a little more practical would be fibre optic lighting. Do a search for "fibre optic pool lighting" to find some suppliers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back