DMX merger with preset recall

robmerow

Hi,
Is anyone aware of such a product's existence: A device that can input a DMX source from a console and merge it HTP with an internal preset recall.

Basically a small theater has PC based control, but wants an external device that can trigger the houselights to full when they're not using the PC, but for the preset also to be able to trigger the houselights to full (in HTP fashion) even when they are using the PC control.

I'd like this to be one device, otherwise I'm going to have to get them a DMX merger and a second (while basic) console of somekind with a couple faders to work as the houselight HTP override.

Thank you,

Hi,
Is anyone aware of such a product's existence: A device that can input a DMX source from a console and merge it HTP with an internal preset recall.

Basically a small theater has PC based control, but wants an external device that can trigger the houselights to full when they're not using the PC, but for the preset also to be able to trigger the houselights to full (in HTP fashion) even when they are using the PC control.

I'd like this to be one device, otherwise I'm going to have to get them a DMX merger and a second (while basic) console of somekind with a couple faders to work as the houselight HTP override.

Thank you,

Fleenors Preset 10-Arch Two sounds like it would work for you.
The Preset 10 Architectural Two is a further development of our popular Preset 10 Architectural controller. The Preset 10 Architectural Two (PRE10A2) offers new features and different wiring options. The new features of the PRE10A2 include a grand master, pile on mode (input + preset), jumper selectable button modes (radio or push on/push off), face panel lockout, and a two gang form factor that allows PRE10A2 to fit in all two gang back boxes. The PRE10A2 has separate input and output ports allowing merging incoming levels with the local preset. This cascading of inputs allows multiple PRE10A2 and a live theatrical console to share control. Systems can also be created where multi-room control is required by a single dimming system.

http://www.dfd.com/p10a2.html

Thank you - that does look like the most elegant solution - but a bit cost prohibitive.
For about $300 I believe I can do it with an Elation SDC12 & a rackmount merger.

Beautiful. Thank you. With the Northlight merger & SDC12 console problem solved for $270.

There might be enough room inside the SDC12 to mount the merger board and add the necessary in/out jacks, saving the cost of an enclosure, etc. Depends on where you need to locate the SDC12 I guess. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back