Control/Dimming DMX over Ethernet AND a VNC network from my ipod?

michael728

I have VNC installed and working on both my PC (windows xp pro) and my Ipod.

I have my Sandbox DMX/Ethernet Node plugged into my computer using a crossover cable.

I don't have the internet but I have a wireless router..

--------

I can't get the wireless VNC server and the Wired Ethernet/DMX adapter to both work at the same time and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Basically, if I turn on wireless for remote control the DMX stops transmitting :rolleyes:

There has to be some way to use both internet connections at the same time!

Which wireless are you turning on? What's the wiring like ? My suggestion would be to connect (straight) the computer and DMX box to the router, then make sure the router is configured to create a wireless network that your iPod can connect to. From there you'll have a LAN just for those 3 devices.

Which wireless are you turning on? What's the wiring like ? My suggestion would be to connect (straight) the computer and DMX box to the router, then make sure the router is configured to create a wireless network that your iPod can connect to. From there you'll have a LAN just for those 3 devices.

Thank you I will try that in the morning. One cable from the PC to the router one cable from the router to the DMX-ETHERNET and then the ip goes wireless. Hopefully that will solve it! thanks

Currently, I have the Crossover cable going from the lan port on the PC to the ETHERNET-DMX box only because I havent found a solution yet to the problem: how to use DMX over Ethernet and the internet at the same time.

Last edited:
Does this system require a static IP to make it all work? This is a big void in my knowledge base so I am just asking?

99% of consumer routers have the DHCP turned on by default, the only thing you might want to check is setting the router to always give your PC/Ethernet node the same IP (where you set this depends on the router's model), that way you won't run into sudden communication failures when item X's IP invariably gets changed 15 minutes before showtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back