DMX Playback

acoppsa

Hi everyone,
We have just started hiring out our school auditorium to outside groups and I am looking for a way to make it possible for the hirer to turn on the stage lighting without opening up our control booth.
It would just need to be a simple on/off of a pre-recorded state. I can only seem to find DMX recorders that run multiple shows and scenes and I think that is overkill for what I need.
At the moment I'm leaning towards the Theatrelight Starlet mini-console because they are cheap and available in my part of the world.
However the problem with that is that I'd have to hard patch the required channels into the first 6 or 12 channels before the hire.
Anyway I thought someone might know of a better way to do this.
Thanks

Hi everyone,
We have just started hiring out our school auditorium to outside groups and I am looking for a way to make it possible for the hirer to turn on the stage lighting without opening up our control booth.
It would just need to be a simple on/off of a pre-recorded state. I can only seem to find DMX recorders that run multiple shows and scenes and I think that is overkill for what I need.
At the moment I'm leaning towards the Theatrelight Starlet mini-console because they are cheap and available in my part of the world.
However the problem with that is that I'd have to hard patch the required channels into the first 6 or 12 channels before the hire.
Anyway I thought someone might know of a better way to do this.
Thanks

If your dimmers are ETC Smartpacks or Sensors, you can get a 5 button preset module, it's a small lightswitch-sized box that's mounted to the wall and wired into the dimmers where you can program which channels each button controls.

The Smartpacks come with the feature built in, and you can get a module to put into Sensor+ racks to enable it.

Hand held thing that can be had for about $120

Elation Professional - Professional Lighting Products

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back