Automated Fixtures DMX Question.

Hey everyone. i have recently started programing some of my show's with Showexpress. I have all my show's ready for this year. except i dont have a USB to DMX cable. I was wondering if i could just plug this cord F675# USB to DMX Computer Controller Interface Converter Adapter LED DMX512 Console-in Professional Audio, Video & Lighting from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com straight into my lights. or if i had to have a special box that, that cord goes into then send's the information out. If you could help me with this i would appreciate it so much
Thanks, Jake

Highly unlikely that it would work. There is no standard protocol for USB to DMX devices. Each software manufacturer decides what devices to support. It looks to me as if Chauvet is making money by selling the adaptor so I would be surprised if another manufacturer's product will function correctly

Highly unlikely that it would work. There is no standard protocol for USB to DMX devices. Each software manufacturer decides what devices to support. It looks to me as if Chauvet is making money by selling the adaptor so I would be surprised if another manufacturer's product will function correctly

Is there a different way to hook up your computer into the lights?

Jake I have used them all, from Lightjockey, Freestyler, mydmx, showexpress and the list goes on. The easiest I found was Bluelite X1 mini. And you get great support.

I am not a dealer or distributor for them just a user.

-pavan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back