Control/Dimming DMXKing products

itie

I'm looking to purchase a dmx to streaming ANC or artnet interface to learn more about pixel mapping and Ethernet control and infrastructure. I have been looking at the DMX Kings eDMX4 tx

eDMX4 TX

Since it has magic q support. Has any one had good experiences with DMXKing or can recommend some thing similar

Thanks Everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that already and love it but now needing more universes. I looking to get some led tape that will require more then 512 channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak directly about the eDMX4 - not having one. But we've used other DMX King products and they've worked great.

I have used thFe eDMX2 in Artnet->DMX mode for about a year with no issues. It's not clear to me from your thread if you want to convert Artnet but based on my experience I would be pretty confident about the company.

Jpk from
DmxKing is a member here and may chime in.

Last edited:
To use more than one universe on Magic Q, you have to have a Chamsys device. All 3rd party dongles (and Magic DMX dongle) are limited to the 1st universe. The 2 universe Magic Q DMX dongle is a little pricey.

MagicQ supports 3rd Party USB-DMX devices on universe one only, however all 64 universes (up to 32768 channels output) are fully unlocked without any limitation for output over network (Art-net, ACN for example).
You don't need any of our hardware connected to output from MagicQ over network.

However if you do connect one of our SnakeSys Network Ethernet-DMX devices to MagicQ over ethernet, these will unlock MagicQ from 'demo mode' to enable features like Multi console networking, remote control and our iOS application.
Note that SnakeSys devices will unlock all PC's connected to the same network running MagicQ.
Demo mode is not unlocked with other manufacturer network products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back