Document for SmartFade ML

Wolf

Hey,

So im trying to find if a the SmartFade ML has a Profile for these http://www.mbtlighting.com/product-details.cfm?ProductID=5398&CFID=61278970&CFTOKEN=41450692 LEDs, They have a more specific name but I can't remember, I'll check tomorrow. I know I could somehow go about building the profile but I'm really hope they have one for it already. I have used a SmartFade ML many times before so this thread does not need to become yet another debate about the console.
I have a feeling that there is a document somewhere that has a list of the most recent fixture library but I can't seem to find it.
Thanks

Is this the document you are looking for? I didn't look at it so I don't know if your personality is there or not....

-Tim

This is it! Not what I remembered but this is it! Thanks

Which mode are you looking to use? The generic LED-RGB profile will work for mode 2. That specific unit is not included in the current library but you can build one for the other modes it operates in on the console.

For more information about building a custom profile, see page 32 of the SmartFade ML Manual.

Next question.
So it appears ETC does not have a personality for any MBT fixture, how would I go about getting one?

And now I see Starksk post

Which mode are you looking to use? The generic LED-RGB profile will work for mode 2. That specific unit is not included in the current library but you can build one for the other modes it operates in on the console.

For more information about building a custom profile, see page 32 of the SmartFade ML Manual.

I was planning on using Mode 4 so it was simple RGB for the whole bar and the other FX channels, I have been using these units and that seems to work well. What is the LED-RGB profile? When I have used this board it was only for Movers not LEDs.

I was planning on using Mode 4 so it was simple RGB for the whole bar and the other FX channels, I have been using these units and that seems to work well. What is the LED-RGB profile? When I have used this board it was only for Movers not LEDs.

The LED-RGB profile is under the generic manufacturer. It is a simple 3 channel fixture with Red = Offset 1, Green = Offset 2, Blue = Offset 3 that can be used for many different RGB LED fixtures.

The LED-RGB profile is under the generic manufacturer. It is a simple 3 channel fixture with Red = Offset 1, Green = Offset 2, Blue = Offset 3 that can be used for many different RGB LED fixtures.

Hmm okay, How does it know what address the RGB ones are since it used six channels? Also would this be getting rid of the FX channels?

Hmm okay, How does it know what address the RGB ones are since it used six channels? Also would this be getting rid of the FX channels?

Yes you would need to set the fixture to mode 2 which does not support the FX channels. The bar would be divided into 8 segments numbered evenly for a total of 24 DMX addresses. See page 2 of the PDF you linked for instructions on how to set the fixture into different DMX modes.

If you need those FX channels, creating a custom fixture is not very complicated. You will need the manual you linked and a little bit of patience with the encoder wheels as you select where to assign each DMX offset.

Yes you would need to set the fixture to mode 2 which does not support the FX channels. The bar would be divided into 8 segments numbered evenly for a total of 24 DMX addresses. See page 2 of the PDF you linked for instructions on how to set the fixture into different DMX modes.

If you need those FX channels, creating a custom fixture is not very complicated. You will need the manual you linked and a little bit of patience with the encoder wheels as you select where to assign each DMX offset.

Okay, cool. Thanks for all your help with this. As I move forward with this in a while I am ask you a question or two if you don't mind. Thanks again.
-Alan

I've had similar issues mapping SFML with AC colorblock 2's. The Hue and Saturation don't agree with each other and had to completely map Hue/Sat channels to two other separate unused faders for it to work. since the The color block "brain" already does the hue/sat with one channel each. Depending on which mode you use, it can eat a lot of channels quickly with the fx functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back