The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Does Strand Offer a Software Download?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by DarkSideConvert, Sep 9, 2008.

1. DarkSideConvert

DarkSideConvert Member

hi guys, im kind of new to the forum. I did some lighting back in high school, where I was using an ETC Expression 3, and when I was learning the board, I found out their website offers the software in a download called Expression Offline. I was curious if anyone knew if Strand had anything like this, as I'm trying to learn as much about the Strand boards as I can because it's the board we have at my college. I'm not sure if it's a 300 or 500, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

2. fredthe

fredthe Active Member

Strand has offline versions for the new (Light) Palette series, but not the 300/500. There are tutorials available at Strand's website (strandlighting.com) under support (select controls, 500 series console, tutorial)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  3. beltsvillecrucib

beltsvillecrucib Member

Contrary to what many people say, there is an offline version of the 300/500 series. It is embedded within the 300/500 software which you may or may not still be able to download from the Strand site. In addition, the software will only run on a DOS machine. I believe there is no virtual facepanel either, it's pretty much just using the keyboard and screen. Good luck

4. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

5. NickJones

NickJones Active Member

6. DarkSideConvert

DarkSideConvert Member

thanks all. i'll have to start checking through those links, but i appreciate all the help.

7. Raktor

Raktor Active Member

That is completely different to what the OP requested. The 300/500 OLE was linked to by [user]Footer4321[/user] anyway.