Dual DMX Inputs

Russc

Hi, I'm not sure if I have put this in the correct place or not... I am running an event next month in a very basic hall it has 5 lights on a bar basically but I will hopefully have my Stagg Headbangers by then. What I am looking to do is have my laptop running freestyler for the movers but I have the Enttec open dmx dongle. I also have a strand lighting desk with only DMX output. I have a single dmx input to the dmx sockets around the hall and the lights and I would like to use both the lighting desk and my laptop is it possible to build something or buy something to do this job?

Any help will be really great.

You will need a DMX merger (google it). It might be cheaper and safer to run independent DMX cabling to the movers instead.

Ok I think I'll run independent cabling then. I thought I might have needed a merger but wasn't sure if it would work with inputs :) Thanks for the help.

Also has anyone used the Stagg Headbangers and have any comments about them since I am still deciding whether they are right for me or not....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back