EDI Dimmex 12-2

dbrown

sorry its an edi

looking for a control board for the dimmex 12-2
its malfunctioning, been in contact with the company who bought up the rights and parts but they don't have one
wondering if someone else does
having dmx problems with it

What type of control connector is on the front? As far as I can tell from the spec sheet I have, Dimmex was analog 0-10, not DMX, and used either a DB-15 or DB-25 connector. EDI could have added a DMX version at some point though. The type of control connector should tell the story. A photo would be great.

What type of control connector is on the front? As far as I can tell from the spec sheet I have, Dimmex was analog 0-10, not DMX, and used either a DB-15 or DB-25 connector. EDI could have added a DMX version at some point though. The type of control connector should tell the story. A photo would be great.
20151111_133855_resized.jpg

it has multil-link mcu12/L on the card

Attachments

• 20151111_133855_resized.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 249

it has multil-link mcu12/L on the card

I assume you can force the dimmers on by using the test switches. Have you "exercised" the signal format slide switch by moving it back and forth a few times? If the MUX indicator does not light up when you apply a DMX signal to the 5-pin male XLR, the next thing to try might be replacing the DMX receiver IC, which should be near the input jack. Probably a SN75176 8-pin IC or similar. If you don't get any other suggestions, go to: http://ediserviceandrepair.info/

I assume you can force the dimmers on by using the test switches. Have you "exercised" the signal format slide switch by moving it back and forth a few times? If the MUX indicator does not light up when you apply a DMX signal to the 5-pin male XLR, the next thing to try might be replacing the DMX receiver IC, which should be near the input jack. Probably a SN75176 8-pin IC or similar. If you don't get any other suggestions, go to: http://ediserviceandrepair.info/

i assume you can repair this i will contact off site

One way to narrow down where the problem lies would be to test with 0-10v signals on the DB-25. Then you will know if the problem is in the multiplex circuits or in the dimmer control circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back