Control/Dimming Elation Stage Setter 8 Pack

For the price and the fact that it will only be used twice per year, I don't see any problem with using this board. Elation makes pretty decent entry-level boards.

Addendum: Max Power: 15A Total, 5A per channel. This means you can have 4 500 watt instruments connected to this pack, but you can only use 3 at a time. Meaning, running a 575w Source Four will be cutting it close, if not even exceeding the limit. What type of instruments are you running? I would try to set the limit at 300w par 56's if possible.

Last edited:
Les, Source 4's!?!? Hahaha... I'd have to have some first! (Thick, molasses like sarcasm)

Unfortunately, overloading the packs will not be a problem with my Par 38 cans I'll be using.

I'll move on with the purchase. Just wanted to get an opinion from the board.

Thanks for the input!!!

I've been using this for two years at a church I do lights for twice a year. We have 4 par cans on each dimming unit, and they work fine without a problem. The controller is fairly awesome for it's price - it offers 8 programmable presets, and you can put multi-step chases on these. Tap sync, x-y fade, great board overall. Also has 8 programmable bump buttons. Good for entry level, but not exactly designed for theater, since you can't program in individual cues or set physical DMX values individually (so not good for any intelligent fixtures). I think this will work fine for your situation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back