Electrical Engineering Co-Op

Binski99

I am currently a sophomore in college and I am studying Electrical Engineering. I currently work at a high school as a Technical Director and for a local sound and lighting company. I am really into sound and lighting and would like to be able to get an EE job (Co-Op) with a company that makes sound or lighting equipment. Does anyone know of any companies that offer co-op positions?

Thanks!

I don't know if this is an option, but Mole-Richardson was founded by a(n) electrical engineer(s). They make stage and film lighting equipment. However, they may only be located in Hollywood, but I suppose it might still be worth it to find out.

I don't know if this is an option, but Mole-Richardson was founded by a(n) electrical engineer(s). They make stage and film lighting equipment. However, they may only be located in Hollywood, but I suppose it might still be worth it to find out.

Thanks for the input! I am open to all suggestions. I am not limiting myself to Ohio because I know that their really isn't anything here.

A lot more places do internships than say they do internships. Some just don't make a formal program that they publicize, while others wouldn't ever think about it until they see "the right person."

Don't be afraid to call around and ask.

...Does anyone know if Shure does internships? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they did.
I don't mean to be a smart***, but typing "Shure internship" into teh Google returns this as first hit: What I Did Last Summer: Shure 2012 Interns Tell All | Shure Blog .

Second hit: Shure | Get The Gig | The Shure 2013 Artist Relations Summer Intern .

And the chance to spend time in beautiful Niles, IL.
Now, if one prefers Elkhart, IN: Internships in Audio , (Crown).

I don't mean to be a smart***, but typing "Shure internship" into teh Google returns this as first hit: What I Did Last Summer: Shure 2012 Interns Tell All | Shure Blog .

Second hit: Shure | Get The Gig | The Shure 2013 Artist Relations Summer Intern .

And the chance to spend time in beautiful Niles, IL.
Now, if one prefers Elkhart, IN: Internships in Audio , (Crown).

Thanks! Yeah I didn't even think about googling it. Those would both be really cool places to co-op so I will definitely be making some phone calls.

A lot more places do internships than say they do internships. Some just don't make a formal program that they publicize, while others wouldn't ever think about it until they see "the right person."

Don't be afraid to call around and ask.

I will probably be making some phone calls pretty soon. Thanks for the advise.

When I was at university, Industrial Light and Magic was recruiting out of the engineering co-op program. That was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ...

When I worked for PRG we had EE's on staff who were there to fix anything we threw at them. Additionally, Dallas, TX is where their R&D and all major repairs take place, so it's essentially run by EE's and electronics folks. PRG designs a few pieces of gear down there (Bad Boy/Best Boy lights, network switches, M-Box extreme's) We didn't have any internships, but I am fairly confident that if you show enough interest to the contacts on their internship page they will be open to an internship in that position.

Thanks everyone! I will probably be sending emails or making phone calls next week to those companies.

Alright, so I haven't been having much luck. I am still in search of a Co-Op for this summer and would appreciate any further suggestions anyone might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back