Element 60 channel console

hamlett22

HI

How do I add a universe to our ETC Element 60 channel console? It currently has one, as far as I know... Console purchased in 2010.

Channels 1-160 are patched 1 to 1 to the dimmers in the dimmer rack.

Channels 161-512 on the Console are patched 1 to 1 as DMX channels, which are assigned to various lighting instruments and accoutrements (scrollers, mirrors, gobo rotators, Macs, Cyc lights, etc...) via POE (ethernet to Net 2 and Net 3 nodes).

We have more lights coming in and I am out of DMX channels on this universe.

Is there more than one universe on this board? How do I find that out?

Can I add another universe if need be? If so, how?

Thanks for your input.
Chad

Last edited:
DMX 2 is your second universe. Can be found on the back of your console.

Also you have a Elements 60 “Faderconsole not channel. I would venture to say that you have a 500 channel console with the way you said your network is setup with the nodes.

Run a line out of your DMX 2 Port and patch 513-1024 dmx address to whatever channels you have left.

Tech sheet if you haven’t already found it.

http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Eos-Family/Element/Tech-Specs.aspx
Hello

So the only way I can go beyond 512dmx, which, in our setup, is currently over ethernet, is to physically attach a DMX cable to the back of the console and run that out directly to an ETC3 net node/repeater? That I do not want to do due to the location of the console.

Is there a way to increase the DMX channels (beyond 512) via software so that I do NOT have to physically connect cables to the console? We have POEs sockets all over our catwalks so plugging in an ETC Net3 node up there is easy. Node to POE, DMX out of node to instruments.

To clarify, all of our connectivity currently is via ethernet cable only (from console out)>>> to POE sockets scattered throughout our facility.

Thank you for your advice.
Chad

Hello

So the only way I can go beyond 512dmx, which, in our setup, is currently over ethernet, is to physically attach a DMX cable to the back of the console and run that out directly to an ETC3 net node/repeater? That I do not want to do due to the location of the console.

Is there a way to increase the DMX channels (beyond 512) via software so that I do NOT have to physically connect cables to the console? We have POEs sockets all over our catwalks so plugging in an ETC Net3 node up there is easy. Node to POE, DMX out of node to instruments.

To clarify, all of our connectivity currently is via ethernet cable only (from console out)>>> to POE sockets scattered throughout our facility.

Thank you for your advice.
Chad
Paging @starksk Would you mind assisting @hamlett22 ?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back