Elvis not a sure bet?

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Cirque du Soleil's Viva Elvis was given a one year notice as reported by Fox news. Maybe they could bring Zed from Tokyo that had to close after the earthquake and tsunami.

Too soon for "Elvis has left the building" jokes?

More details here and here. It says "likely to close" there. Maybe if they make the changes that they had been planning (losing the dancers and bring in acrobats) then the outcome may be different. After reading the scathing reviews of Believe, I'm surprised that this is the first casualty. Then again, I haven't seen either show. When I'm not working, I really avoid this part of town.

I haven't seen the Elvis show but I watched the making of the Beatles show. I thought that one sucked and I suspect Elvis may be in the same book. I wish they would go back to what they do and quit trying to be what they aren't.

LOVE (The Beatles show) is one of my absolute favorite Cirque shows out there.

I still love Mystere...it's such a "basic" Cirque show...but Love is my 2nd. I had heard Elvis was having problems...as well as BeLIEve. Apparently the money they dropped into BeLIEve has worked some as it's pulling better numbers. Still not a fan of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back