Control/Dimming ETC board lights won't go out!

Kurt

So I'm running lights for a dance concert that requires me to blackout between each dance. I like to use the grandmaster to do this because it allows me to setup a new look during blackouts, but unfortunately it seems I've got a series of lights that comes up every time I put the grandmaster back to full. I deleted all the cues I had recorded, made sure the channels weren't parked, made sure there weren't any groups up, tried killing the lights and sneaking. It seems they have a set home value for some reason but I'm out of ideas to why that is. If it helps there are two sets of lights that come up, one of them shows up purple (coming from a previous cue) and another comes up green (decreased from a previous cue). So I'm out, any ideas?

Interesting one. It sounds like you've checked the most likely sources. Do you have a disk loaded? Sounds like something is corrupted.

nope, but it is a high school theater so it isn't 100% reliable that it doesn't get messed with when I'm not around. I'm tempted to write down all my subs and redo them all on another show file

looks like you were onto something, call911. I found that part in the manual and did some reading, put all of my lights at 0 and recorded it as cue 1 then deleted that cue. All the values are gone and it is working fine. Thanks for the clue!

looks like you were onto something, call911. I found that part in the manual and did some reading, put all of my lights at 0 and recorded it as cue 1 then deleted that cue. All the values are gone and it is working fine. Thanks for the clue!

[Go To Cue] 0 or [Go To Cue] [Out] will also get rid of any leftover cue information on stage. The difference between them is that using [Out] also puts non-intensity parameters at their home values, while [Go To Cue] 0 (zero) only takes intensity values to zero.

-Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back