ETC Congo and Sequences

Noramac

Hey all. I'm currently working with an ETC Congo, and was wondering if it was even possible to put a sequence (e.g. sequence 3) into the main playback (sequence 1). We managed to get the sequence to be called, but you still have to manually trigger the sequence using the master button on the faders. Is it possible to make the sequence start automatically? Thanks in advance.

Can you more carefully describe your goal?

It sounds like you're not trying to load a new sequence into the main playback but rather trigger a separate chase or looping sequence?

Or are you trying to have it jump straight from one sequence into the next?

It isn't a chase, it's just a plain old sequence. The LD would like to see if it's possible to make the playback less cluttered, and we can easily put the presets into the main playback.

Here is the goal.
Main Playback (Sequence 1)
{
Preset 75.5
Preset 78 + sequence 3 (which is an automated light sequence)
Preset 79
}

Hi Noramac,

It sounds like master link is exactly what you are looking for. A master link plays a master in the same step as a sequence (loads in B). For information on how to create a master link, please see page 365 (367 in the PDF) of the Congo Manual. Before creating a master link, be sure to assign the sequence you wish to play into an available master.

If you wish to have sequence 3 automatically go through steps before preset 79 plays, make sure that you program the appropriate timing into the sequence.

P.S.: Love the coding notation.

We created a master link and loaded it onto a master, but I suppose my question -now- is getting the first step in the sequence to play automatically, without having to press any additional buttons other than "Go".

Sorry for the delayed reply.

In that case, adding a Macro or Action Macro to trigger the GO of the second Sequence in the Step of the Sequence loaded to the Main Playback would achieve what you are looking for.

To add a Macro, you would first want to record a Macro of just pressing the Master button of the Master that contains Sequence 3. Then in the Sequence List for the Sequence in the Main Playback, enter the number of the Macro that you recorded in the Step that you want to trigger the Sequence to start (scroll all of the way to the right to see the field). More information on Macros is available on page 255 (257 in PDF) of the Manual linked above.

To add an Action Macro to fire a Go command for the Master that Sequence 3 is loaded on, in the Sequence List for the Sequence in the Main Playback, scroll to the right until you see the Action Macro field for the step you wish to fire the Go command. Highlight that field and press Modify to type the Action Macro. In this case, you are looking for Go M# (where # = the master Sequence 3 is loaded on). More information on Action Macros is available starting on page 249 (251 in PDF) of the Manual linked above.

In your case, I would recommend that you try an Action Macro first. In my opinion, it is easier to execute and modify later.

Hi there -

I second Kirk's suggestion of an Action macro. They're easy to create and it's much easier to see exactly what it's going to do with that master fader.

Thanks -

Sarah
Congo Product Manager
ETC, Inc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back