ETC Element help

In regard to the ETC Element and MSC (Midi) look here : http://www.etcconnect.com/Support/A...mmands-Eos-Family-Receives-and-Transmits.aspx

As for QLab controlling the Element, need to verify that the computer you are running Q lab on has Midi Out (clarifying from your post). I've personally never used Q Lab for MSC, but I've done it with other software. There should be various posts here about running Midi MSC with Qlab (actually I know there are), and with ETC consoles as well.

PERSONALLY I find running cues on both the lighting console (I use an Element as well) and Q Lab at the same time is typically no problem. Whenever It would be an issue Id be able to have seperate operators anyways.

While MSC might be a good solution for your situation, you should also check out OSC. If you're running the latest version of the Element software (2.3), your lighting board will natively support OSC, which QLab does as well. OSC is a network-based protocol, so your QLab computer will have to be plugged into your lighting network (or directly into the Element, if you don't have one). You can check out this guide on the ETC forums for how to set up OSC control. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back