ETC Element Import custom fixture file

hamlett22

High all
I wish to rent some moving lights from a vendor but there is no template for this vendors brand. The vendor made a file for the element but we do not know how to import the file. How do you import a file as a fixture into the element so that it can be patched to a channel by choosing 'type' where all elements of that fixture can then be controlled in live mode?
Chad

Open your show file for the production you are wanting the custom fixture imported to. Then have the show file of the custom fixture on a USB stick and put it into the console.

-On the console open the Browser in the CIA and under File click on "Merge.."
-Click on the USB drive (Not Show Archive) and then the Merge display will appear.
-Click on "Fixtures" button to the Right side so that it is highlighted
-Click on Merge/Apply and you will see the status bar complete and go green when finished.

You should now have the fixture in your Patch screen.

If I were in front of the console I could give you the exact keystrokes/labels on buttons. But it should be pretty close to that.
The alternative would be to merge the patch of that fixture using the advance merge function from the showfile into your show to an unobtrusive number such as Ch.10000 and then move it once it is in your show.

-B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back