ETC Express: effects cueing

Well that's one way, @soundofsparks, and comes in handy if using the same effect multiple times.

But more to the point of what @wildcatdesigner asked,
how can you record an effect of chasing lights into a cue with other instruments that remain at a static level.
Record the cue number in which you want to contain the effect. In [Blind], change "fade type" to "effect". Create the effect. Press [REC] when done.

Chapter 16 of the manual http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737461089 .pdf:
express_effects_ch16.jpg

Well that's one way, @soundofsparks, and comes in handy if using the same effect multiple times.

But more to the point of what @wildcatdesigner asked,

True.

However, if the OP ends up needing to run cues before the effect stops making an effect cue won't work.

So, if cue 1 is an effect and it stops in cue 2. It's no problem, but if he wants to make a cue 1.5 later and adjust some levels while the effect continues, he'll have to write the effect again. Using the macro method covers him for all inevitablies.

thanks for both of these suggestions. @sounddofsparks, can you connect multiple sub effects using this macro bump on/off method? i have 3 candles (with reinforcing lights to support the flickering) one in each of their own subs that need to be separate and run independently at some moments in the scene. but for some looks i need all 3 candles working and doing their thing. i think the answer is yes i can create macros that include all three, but i have to get to the board to test this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back