ETC ION Irfr setup

lj274mvp

Does anyone know if there is a way to access windows on an ETC ion to setup a router to be used on a network for irfr?
I was told by a friend of mine that I had to setup the router before I try to use it with the ION. I then asked if I needed a laptop to do this and he said no, you can just access internet explorer on the ion by exiting the shell. Now I don't know if he was joking or not, so Does anyone know how to do this or if its even possible?
Thanks in advance!

There IS a Windows shell and ETC tech support could tell you how to access it. However, I would be surprised to find Internet Explorer pre-installed by ETC. As a rule using the lighting console to browse the internet would be a recipe for disaster.

When I set up My airport express I did use a Laptop to set the I.P. Address. But What your buddy may be making reference to is the Gateway Configuration Editor which you can get to through the shell menu. You should be able to change the I.P. address on the router there.

Actually you can't really remove IE without breaking some major things in windows. It may not be the IE you are used to but it is more than capable to setup most routers.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access windows on an ETC ion to setup a router to be used on a network for irfr?
I was told by a friend of mine that I had to setup the router before I try to use it with the ION. I then asked if I needed a laptop to do this and he said no, you can just access internet explorer on the ion by exiting the shell. Now I don't know if he was joking or not, so Does anyone know how to do this or if its even possible?
Thanks in advance!

The answer to your question is no. You can't use your console to setup the router. Get a computer, plug it in, and use that. Period, end of story.

If it is inconvenient to bring the computer to the router, bring the router to the computer. For that matter whatever device you are using for the iRFR is probably capable of configuring the router using it's web browser. I have made plenty of changes to my network hardware using my iphone and ipad and safari or chrome.

While your console is a computer that is based on Windoze, there is a reason that ETC doesn't just tell you how to access any Windoze stuff. Don't play with it unless you are doing something that ETC tells you to do, you can really mess things up.

Any of you who know how to get into Windoze on Eos family consoles should refrain from posting that information as it will be a great way to get your post removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back