ETC ION Monitors

When moving our ION from the control room to the auditorium, after plugging it all in, nothing outputted to the monitors? The only thing that was changed was adding a monitor to the DVI port. The other monitor is plugged into the VGA port, any ideas why this is happening? Cheers!
I hope this makes sense.

Did you only have one monitor before? And now you are trying to add a second?

You might want to try exiting to the shell and looking for monitor arrangement and making sure that both inputs are "enabled". Then it should identify both and then you can select what you see on either screen.

A common error is to plug a DVD into the shared port with the VGA rather than the second output. The shared ones are above/below each other.

Sorry, I've little to add, except
For technical support in Europe, The Middle East & Africa
please call (+44) 20 8896 1000
[email protected]
Sometimes (often/always) a phone call is the most expedient way to solve an issue. And the Tech Support folks really don't mind.
1. They like the easy questions with easy answers, makes everyone feel good
2. It's how they keep their jobs

When moving our ION from the control room to the auditorium, ...
Be honest, how many of us regulars, upon reading the first post, immediately thought of this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/theatre-manager-wont-let-me-move-ion.36821/ ?

Sorry, I've little to add, except

Sometimes (often/always) a phone call is the most expedient way to solve an issue. And the Tech Support folks really don't mind.
1. They like the easy questions with easy answers, makes everyone feel good
2. It's how they keep their jobs

Be honest, how many of us regulars, upon reading the first post, immediately thought of this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/theatre-manager-wont-let-me-move-ion.36821/ ?

I did, I can just see the guy blowing his stack, having a heart attack, and then some kid walks up and says you plugged that cable into the wrong spot.

I chuckled a little bit because I thought of that thread too! :D I was moving my Ion in the lab today, and I had never really taken a good look at the shared ports. It would indeed be an easy mistake to make, save for the color coding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back