ETC ionXE Router

carsonld

I have an Asus RT N12 N300 router connected to my Ion XE. Usually at the beginning of the work day I can easily connect to the network. When I connect to the network it doesn’t show the Wifi icon on the top of my phone. But on the settings it shows I’m connected with an orange text that says No Internet Connection. When it does this, I have no issues getting it to work. However, as the day progresses or I continue to use the network, my phone begins to actually connect to it like it has internet. It will show I’m connected to the WiFi by the WiFi icon on the top right of my phone. Sometimes it will open a message that says there isn’t a network cable connected.
Does anyone have a work around this? Sometimes when I forget the network and resign in, it will fix the issue. But sometimes I’m just out of luck and can’t get it to work. I don’t think this is a setting on the board but something with either my iPhone or the router itself. Anyone else have a similar issue and know a solution?

thanks!

Attachments

• 3872BCDD-7CAC-4A47-9BD8-490C2D414507.png
    3872BCDD-7CAC-4A47-9BD8-490C2D414507.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 123
  • AE8B50C0-3048-436B-B7F0-BCB291F9A0BD.png
    AE8B50C0-3048-436B-B7F0-BCB291F9A0BD.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 6ABA85FE-2F79-49A7-8A80-8EFD7FDA1E2E.png
    6ABA85FE-2F79-49A7-8A80-8EFD7FDA1E2E.png
    356.7 KB · Views: 117
From what I can tell the router is basically creating a nice error screen since it detected the cable is unplugged and thats why you get that error screen. I couldn't find how to disable that, but I'm sure in the router settings somewhere there is a way to disable that service. If you hit the settings for the network (the i with a circle), is there an option to "connect anyway" I haven't used iOS in a while and my Android will pop up with a warning when connecting to a network with no internet , and I can select join anyway, that way it knows I want to be on it.

My best guess is some app is trying to use the internet, which disrupts the console connection and gives you issue.

Hope that helps!

Jimmy

No advice, just commiseration. In the consumer-oriented land of cell phones, it's assumed that there's no such thing as a useful Wi-Fi connection that doesn't reach the internet. In the background, the phone is attempting to talk to a known server to validate the connection. When that doesn't work, it tries to be "helpful" and lets you know it's a bad connection. It's been a while since I've tried to address this issue with an iOS device, but I never came up with anything better than what you've already found... with the exception that it's a little more consistent if you can connect to a network with internet access and then switch back to the lighting network (rather than just forgetting and re-selecting the lighting network).

iOS 13 'ish changed the way the iOS device tries to use WiFi. I'm always getting a notification that the router I want to connect to is not hooked up to what it thinks is the actual internet. It allows me to "try anyway" and I can always make the connection to the local intranet, lighting, etc.... but as with everything Apple, they think their way is the only way and fark everybody who doesn't think that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back