Control/Dimming ETC Paradigm Dimming Help

brb8910

Hi there.

In my theatre, we have an ETC ion lighting board with a ETC Paradigm Dimming control. In the theatre, there are some hanging electrics and we have some Stage Pin plug outlet like boxes. We haven't ever had a use for them until today and when I tried to turn on the circuit number from the lighting board, it didn't turn on. The switch on the processor that corresponds to that circuit is in the on position but I wanted to know if I am doing something wrong on the software side. On the dimmer unit, there is a controller which I haven't had to touched yet but I don't really understand how I would activate or "patch" that circuit number to the board. We are using an ethernet based system and the system is about 5 years old.

Thank you.

Did you try bringing up the channels by dimmer address rather than channel? Circuit numbers and channels don't always match.
For circuit number XXX, try: [Address Key] XXX [Full] [Enter].
If it turns on it means that it's either not patched at all, or patched to a different channel. If that's the case, see this video for more info on how to add them to the patch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Keep in mind that messing with the patch on channels that you've already recorded into cues, subs, etc. will result in them bringing up different lights. Save a copy of the show before you start changing things, just in case.

The Paradigm is there to run any touchscreens or button panels you have mounted on the wall, generally for house and work lights. Don't go poking around the Paradigm controller without knowledge of what you're doing, as there's the potential to mess up a bunch of different stuff.

Welcome to Control Booth!

It might be best to give ETC a call today so that they can walk you through the system over the phone and make sure the right things are happening on the system. There are several control systems tied together and therefore a couple of ways to make this work/not work. 800-775-4382.

Thanks,

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back