ETC Sensor Classic

I just relocated to a new school which has Sensor Classic racks, which are having issues. One of them is that the D20 modules are starting to become burn-ons, and in need of repair. Is it possible for two bad dimmers to be rebuilt as one? if so, is that somehting that I could do, or are they too easily damaged to attempt it?

Additionally, can I replace a D20 with a CC20 on the Sensor classic? the literature I've seen on the CC20 says Sensor + racks, but it would be nice to know if they are backwards compatible.

Please advise,

-Matt

Is it possible for two bad dimmers to be rebuilt as one
I am not sure that I understand this question. Each D20 is two circuits. These two circuit are connected to a single power cube (Q141) inside the module. If the module has failed in a stuck on state this could be the failure point. This is fairly easy to repair yourself.
Here is a video showing the process:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CC20 modules should be able to fit in your sensor classic rack.

Be sure to follow proper safety precautions when swapping modules in a dimmer rack. See https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/etc-sr48-dimmer-questions.31023/#post-274281 :
... Let's be clear, because these questions have come up before. Sensor rack dimmer and control modules are designed to be hot swapped. You can either swap the modules while wearing the appropriate PPE and following your facility's electrical safety practices as designated by NFPA 70E, or you may simply choose to Lock-Out/Tag-Out the rack. ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back