ETC Shirts

JoshThomas

Hey there looking for where I could get my hands on one of those black polo shirts with the ETC logo on it that you see in a lot of ETC videos online. Do you have to be an ETC employee to get one or are they available online somewhere?

You may be able to order one from the haberdashery at ETC. Try sending an e-mail to americas [at] etcconnect [dot] com, or meet up with ETC at one of the many tradeshows they frequent.

People once said, I’m crap in that for one year during our relationship, (before or marrage) My Wife and I did a officially corporately scheduled tour of the ETC factory four our vacation. (You know there is also antique malls in the area and on the way which we love to visit - hello...) I say it was the romantic days and way better than this year in meeting extended family with bad weather, crappy motel and nothing in the area to do with a crabby baby thus us who all wanted to be home. Wife runs the Leko Dpt. I run the Conventional wiring stuff = we both were fascinated by the tour and as a bonus their lobby.

Once like ten or 12 years ago picked up some dimmer racks out there before they got what they have now in factory and it was just a bunch of buildings and nothing to show plus no swag or even meeting my rep. Kind of pissed off back than that I was treated as per a truck driver in just go to x building and they should be ready. Your rep. is busy.

Was a really great tour my Wife and I went on, even got to see the top secret stuff they were working on a few yeas ago. Got electrocuted in explaining why I hate Powercon which probably is legend there in why you if on tour don’t touch anything at this point etc. Fred Foster’s office is in a hallway and very personable in meeting with us. It’s one of the strangest corporate places one could ever visit in the upper management not being separate or beyond anyone working there.
Was the best tour of a factory I ever went on and was impressed about their whole concept in doing stuff right. Even given I’m an Altman person.

Some day ETC tour once their museum is ready for presentation, and factory tour added to that is class field trip something to do. Not just because it’s ETC but also the history they are well set up to present in education. Coming soon I think.

As for Swag... I kind of like that they are a little more hard to get in not being swag but instead either something bought or earned. Personally, have an elder black t-shirt that I think was sent in bulk at some point after a large purchase, and a long sleeve shirt after the VIP tour. Wife has about the same. Amazed and thanks in somehow my Baby got ETC swag shirt right after she was born. Don't know who or how they knew at ETC but thanks - amazing presnt.

Before the recession, Martin, High End etc. used to send out tons of shirts and that perhaps devalued the concept of getting one. Too easy to get, says nothing about how you managed to get one.

Biggest challenge for me was in getting a trade for some Altman shirts - even harder to get than ETC shirts. The challenge isn't in it being swag but instead in getting one earned. Or if really wanted, buy one. Got a Lycian jacket but it's black blue jean style - I'm told it's totally 80's.

Certainly if you go to the factory buy the swag, otherwise it's good the gear is rare because it's just something withing your foot locker full of swag shirts and not special.

Last edited:
Several years ago someone told me the best way to get High End Systems swag was to show up at their factory wearing a Martin jacket (or vice versa). :rolleyes:

Totally thought about wearing my Altman swag during my ETC tour... Thanks in part to Wifie I didn't. We wore vacation presentable corporate clothing. You can show up how you want but at some point you are a guest and your intensions on how you present yourself is the reception you will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back