ETC TRAINING

Hello,

I am about to head to drama school next year and have been trying to improve my programming skills before I get there.

I recently attended the ETC Training course and was interested in trying to create a similar set up at home so I can practise and build up my skills.

I was wondering if anybody could give me advice as to how to set this up.

I currently own a Mac OS Laptop, ETC Offline Editor Capture Polar (the student version but an access a full liscensed version from my local theatre) and two screens.
Is there a way to connect all of these devices together and essentially use my laptop as a desk to control the visualiser and display different views on my screens?

Or would I need an actual ETC Dongle or something if I wanted to control and patch lighting fixtures on the offline editor.

I am slightly confused when it comes to programming so any simple explanations would be appreciated!

Hi Harry, are you in London Ontario or UK? Curious as to which school you are going to mainly if you are in Ontario. Depending you may not be touching a console for quite a while so don't feel rushed to be an console expert. (again depending on the program/school). Im familiar with pretty much all the programs in the area, and would be happy to chat with you. I myself work in London.

I have to mirror what sk8rsdad said otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back