Control/Dimming Expression Encoder problem

barrigan

For some reason none of the encoders on either of my Expressions responds. I've patched moving lights and set up encoders, but when I select a fixture in Live and try to control it with the encoders, the levels do not respond.

Start with the basics. Fixture addressed properly, Cable problems, terminator. If none of those go in to your dmx setup and make sure the port 1 and 2 are setup properly. After that I would take a look at your fixture personality and make sure you built it correctly.

What specific consoles and software version do you have? What moving lights are you using? Is the Fixture Profile from the ETC library, or is it a homegrown file you made for the instrument?

Expression 2 or 3. And are the LEDs lit on the page numbers (exp3). What if any values are shown. Does your XY wheels work on your conventional fixtures. Can you get the movers to work with out the encoders going straight to the ch #

Good Morning barrigan

again, is it a 2 or 3? What software version are you running?
I think 3.11 is the latest.
Is this a new issue or an old one?
Have you done a deep clear recently?
If you have you will have to go into the SETUP menu & tell the console what it should be.
What has changed since the last time it worked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back