Expression offline editor not showing fixture attributes

MBC

Hello all,

Just been using the Expression offline editor to pre-patch some fixtures for a show I'll be lighting in a few weeks. Unless I'm doing something rather silly (which is usually the case) it's having issues displaying the fixture attributes and the values when looking at the fixture.

I have re-installed the software and put up ten fixtures using some of the default personalities that come with the software as an example.

Any ideas?

Cheers

P.S. Fixture 2 or "Julie" as it was randomly called is actually chan 158 to 166 for those interested

7791-expression-offline-editor-not-showing-fixture-attributes-untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 284
Just a shot in the dark but, it seems as though your encoder setup has been messed up. To reset the encoder setup back to default hit [setup] select Moving Lights [15] [Enter]. Then go to Encoder Setup [4] [Enter]. On the softkeys you should be able to hit {Reset Defaults} and it will ask you to confirm the change, press [Enter].

This should reset the encoder layout which should fix your problem, if I guessed right as to what it was. ;)

Bloody hell that's exactly what it was, not entirely sure how it happened, especially with me doing a re-install but cheers mate, thanks a lot.
MBC

Actually sorry spoke too soon, it still doesn't want to show the values on the fixture bar pop-up, it will only show them on the channel screen, any more quick fixes?
Thanks

EDIT: Fixed it using auto-load because it seems "default" includes all attribute possibilities, auto-load only loads the relevant ones and links them to the values too

Last edited:
Hmm that is odd, I am unable to create a situation on my offline editor where the values disappear. Unfortunately I don't know where to go from here other than the standard "have you tried turning it off and on again" to see if that helps. Have you tried playing with this in a new show file to see if it is something in the show file? The next step if that doesn't work could be re-installing the off-line editor to see if it was a bad install.

You're welcome. Glad you were able to get it fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back