Favorite dance kicker fixtures

Thank you for the plug Mark!

Just so you know the 50 deg might blow past the edges of the beam bender so be sure to watch those shutter cuts.

If you need all the light of a 50 deg I have had people use the 7.5" version of the beam bender with a 6.25" to 7.5" adapter.

Source Four fixtures using a 50-degree LED lens tube have a 7.5" gel frame slot, so no adapter would be necessary.

I kinda like the ETC ColorSource Spot Junior for dance lighting. Inexpensive to run in multiples; the non-standard gobo slot is a bummer, though, and they're on the weaker side of bright. Decent for dance studios without much light to compete with; but I'd rather use a full size CS Spot or a Lustr for a larger stage.

The most common request i used to get from visiting dance companies on our 40ft. Wide stage was a 36 deg. S4. My low side towers all were 36, 2 as low shins, 2 as head highs.

I have tried 50 degree fixtures but they don’t have the punch I like and make it impossible to have lanes without shuttering down past where I would have cut a 36 degree. As for light source, Colorsource spot or Chauvet Ovation E-910FC are good. I am really waiting to see both ETCs and Chauvet’s new fixtures are like before upgrading our booms, I want a great LED light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back