The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Favorite Green Cyc Gel?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by jcarlson, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jcarlson

jcarlson Member

Hey All,

In attempts to make constant improvements to the less than stellar house hang at the current theatre I am TD'ing (which is probably a word...), I am so frustrated with how ugly my green cyc gel is. Currently I am using R122, but I hate the transmission of it. It seems to come out a hideous lime green, even new gel. Other than green, I am currently using R120 (which I LOVE the saturation of), R80, and R21. Wondering what everyone else is using as their green cyc gel? Thanks in advance!

Also, sorry if this is already a thread, I searched for a ridiculously long time looking for one about this, but didn't come across anything specific.

2. Clifford

Clifford Active Member

We use Green Cyc Silk (R126) and we're pretty happy with it. I wouldn't cal it "lime" either. Maybe it's our cyc (our yours ;) ) that's making it odd.

3. rochem

rochem Well-Known Member

When I'm doing a RGB cyc wash (generally not very often), I usually go with R90 for the green. It gives a little more transmission than the Primary Green, and I just like the color better. I've noticed that the primary green doesn't really give me a deep enough green for what I'm looking for. And it fits well with my other colors (usually R383 and R26).

4. kiwitechgirl

kiwitechgirl Well-Known Member

CJ/Lee/Arri (they're all the same) 124 is my preferred green cyc gel :) Mixes well with other colours and looks fine on its own.

5. jonliles

jonliles Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Rock-N-Roll Green by Apollo! Good intense saturation, works great with Reds and Blues. Though typically, I will add an Amber in the 4 cell mix.