Favorite Green Cyc Gel?

jcarlson

Hey All,

In attempts to make constant improvements to the less than stellar house hang at the current theatre I am TD'ing (which is probably a word...), I am so frustrated with how ugly my green cyc gel is. Currently I am using R122, but I hate the transmission of it. It seems to come out a hideous lime green, even new gel. Other than green, I am currently using R120 (which I LOVE the saturation of), R80, and R21. Wondering what everyone else is using as their green cyc gel? Thanks in advance!

Also, sorry if this is already a thread, I searched for a ridiculously long time looking for one about this, but didn't come across anything specific.

When I'm doing a RGB cyc wash (generally not very often), I usually go with R90 for the green. It gives a little more transmission than the Primary Green, and I just like the color better. I've noticed that the primary green doesn't really give me a deep enough green for what I'm looking for. And it fits well with my other colors (usually R383 and R26).

CJ/Lee/Arri (they're all the same) 124 is my preferred green cyc gel :) Mixes well with other colours and looks fine on its own.

Rock-N-Roll Green by Apollo! Good intense saturation, works great with Reds and Blues. Though typically, I will add an Amber in the 4 cell mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back