Favorite Harness

LavaASU

So, whats your favorite harness? I'm looking to buy one (seriously tired of company supplied ones that are of a questionable history and/or do not fit me-- I usually wear a small). I'm looking for a riggers/rope access style one. I've used the Yates riggers one and didn't love it. I was considering Petzl Navaho Bod (but am seriously concerned about it fitting right). Also looked at the PMI CS tech, Hitech Zero-G, and Fusion Tac-Rescue. Anyone have experience with some of the ones other than Yates and Petzl?

I want both the waist and sternum Ds, I'd prefer the side ones but it's not a deal breaker (I use them more as gear loops than anything). Has to meet ANSI of course.

The Navaho is an alright hardness. The non-adjustable rear straps are less than ideal if you're in a situation where you're working from a hanging position for an extended period of time, but that's not a concern for most people. There's a lot of adjustment in that hardness. I haven't met someone that can't get it to fit right.

I love my cmc riggers harness. Has a front waist d ring, side d rings, and a chest d ring. Very comfortable.

So in looking for a new harness for myself, I started talking to a manufacturer. They are showing some interest in creating a basic rigging harness for theatre. Thinking something along the lines of Singing Rocks Technic (http://www.singingrock.com/technic?cat=2134) but that meets ANSI. Basically something to fill the gap between a basic fall arrest harness with the side Ds and a full blown rope access harness like Petzl's Navaho Bod.

What would you guys want in a basic rigging harness in the $125-$175 range?

I'm figuring sternal and dorsal fall arrest Ds and a waist positioning D are definitely needed. Do you use side positioning Ds? Any others you feel would be of benefit to this industry?

Do you need speed buckles? Personally I never really unclip leg loops on a sit harness, so just size adjustment is fine. Do you prefer the speed buckle on the shoulder or the carabiner at the waist (like Petzl uses)?

Where do you find padding to be most important?

Anything else you think is important or that you find to be unneccesary on higher end harnesses (that could save weight and cost)?

So in looking for a new harness for myself, I started talking to a manufacturer. They are showing some interest in creating a basic rigging harness for theatre. Thinking something along the lines of Singing Rocks Technic (http://www.singingrock.com/technic?cat=2134) but that meets ANSI. Basically something to fill the gap between a basic fall arrest harness with the side Ds and a full blown rope access harness like Petzl's Navaho Bod.

What would you guys want in a basic rigging harness in the $125-$175 range?

I'm figuring sternal and dorsal fall arrest Ds and a waist positioning D are definitely needed. Do you use side positioning Ds? Any others you feel would be of benefit to this industry?

Do you need speed buckles? Personally I never really unclip leg loops on a sit harness, so just size adjustment is fine. Do you prefer the speed buckle on the shoulder or the carabiner at the waist (like Petzl uses)?

Where do you find padding to be most important?

Anything else you think is important or that you find to be unneccesary on higher end harnesses (that could save weight and cost)?

neck padding and it should be able to incorporate a croll also easy radio attachment would be a nice addition i don't have side Ds but i get by fine without them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back