Finger Magnet Implants

Don't know anything about magnet implants.

A local radio DJ had an RFID injected into his hand about 5 years back as part of an on air bit. It was free, took a couple seconds, and was almost painless. He could do all kinds of cool stuff with it like wave his hand over his car and it unlocks. Only down side is they found that it causes cancer. So he had to pay a couple grand to have it removed. Seems to me magnets in the fingers could cause a similar problem. We aren't really talking about modification here, we are talking about adding a foreign substance to the body. I would do some serious research first.

Don't know anything about magnet implants.

A local radio DJ had an RFID injected into his hand about 5 years back as part of an on air bit. It was free, took a couple seconds, and was almost painless. He could do all kinds of cool stuff with it like wave his hand over his car and it unlocks. Only down side is they found that it causes cancer. So he had to pay a couple grand to have it removed. Seems to me magnets in the fingers could cause a similar problem. We aren't really talking about modification here, we are talking about adding a foreign substance to the body. I would do some serious research first.

Now im not sure how an RFID causes cancer, but my guess is that a magnet is a bit safer. However, I would say it is a body modification, if the OP was asking about putting a magnetic ring in his ear it would be more of a I dont see the point but ok type of deal, from what I can find its just another thing like a tattoo or piercing except it makes getting an MRI impossible without surgury first. I still dont see much point, because if I am gonna pay 100 bucks for a body mod, you better believe that I intend to get one that I can at least show people.

..... I still dont see much point, because if I am gonna pay 100 bucks for a body mod, you better believe that I intend to get one that I can at least show people.

Just think Man ! You could pick up Paper clips from a foot away !

It could be a safety hazard when working in live electrical equipment. I could picture a finger getting accidently drawn into a live part. ZAP!

On the other hand, it could save you a lot of money. Your credit and debit cards will get erased, so they won't work. It's gonna be a pain to write checks in stores and give up cash machines.

All in all, it sounds like a really bad idea.

Who the heck uses a compass anymore?

People who get into situations where you no longer have a GPS to navigate. This is a body mod I would never get, because when your in the middle of nowhere and you run out of batteries, its a compass or hope the S&R team finds you.

Who the heck uses a compass anymore?

Wait....maybe you wouldn't have to worry about the magnet interfering with a compass because it could help you be your own compass. Through practice, maybe you could begin to detect the magnetic fields of the earth and find your way. In 2012 when the world is supposed to collapse and there is no power for the GPS, this could be useful?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back