First post and looking for some help with Dance Towers

ElGusto

Hello all, - I am looking to source prefabricated dance towers- something like these from Tomcat- and was wondering if anyone had come across other options (not sidearms and a boom). Hopefully they would be able to hold 5 or 6 ERS units, and it would be very useful if one could bolt two towers together in order to reach a height of 14 to 16 feet. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few rental houses do stock the Tomcat stuff, although it's not great. Both Christie and PRG make their own custom products that they rent out. PRGs are probably the most sturdy, but Christie's are probably the lightest of the three because of their unique construction. All of these products, including the Tomcat, are designed to stack. You might be able to get them to sell you a few of these, but I'm not sure. Tomcat is the only company I know of that has prefabbed dance towers available to the public.

PRG might well have some of the early stock they inherited from either Production Advantage or from GSD.

I caution you that when I priced them used about 5 or 6 years ago, they were running about $1700 per tower, for a roughly 7ft high single width tower that was stackable - I.E. they had corner plates installed to bolt together as taller units.

These units are designed to hold 5 S4 ellipsoidals each, typically, on a channel steel frame (Kindorf, Uni-Strut, Versa-Bar) that allows vertical adjustment as well as front/rear movement, of the unit hanging position.

I think one of the reasons the aluminum units were so expensive, even as used, is they are not cheap to manufacturer in the first place, as well they really don't go bad over time, so no real reason to sell off, as any new unit would cost even more then the initial units.

Due to the cost of the used aluminum units, I opted to have a local steel company weld mine to a custom design. 8 towers cost $4000, plus add'l for the internal channels steel, mounting hardware and cable bundle assembly. Due to the weight, I did not design nor equip these to stack, but that was not a requirement at my space.

The larger road house here in town bought the PRG ones used, so they do sell them.

But, as Steve said, you can get them build rather easy. Most good welding shops will be able to crank them out rather quick if you give them good drawings of exactly what you want. I have built them before... its a rather easy build. PRG's are made to do just about any configuration possible, if you don't need that the price will go down dramatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back