First Post...

Parisii

Hi all, I been reading control booth for awhile now and I wanted to start contributing.

I have been doing theater and entertainment work for some time now college, community, road house, events, some IA call, etc. Basically the rounds for anyone making this their career. For the last five years or so theater has been my food and rent. And I have a few questions to ask others and I think that I have some answers as well.

As far as my skills go I am a professional generalist. I am often an electrician with lots of lighting experience and I can find my way around most boards although I only have operated movers a few times. I have also built more then a few sets and have welding training. My sound skills are only average I can operate and play back but I have a tin ear for putting a mix together. I also have two impressive SM credits some costuming training; and I am slowly working towards and ETCP in rigging. The only thing I don't try to do is DESIGN and I don't plan on acting again (once was quite good). I am mostly self taught as my first TD was a fourteen caret gold moron and the only way to get an answer to anything was to figure it out thus I discovered to small world to tech theater publications and have grown my library to some 45+ volumes. (I use ship's collection as a check off list)

As far a my background I started in college looking for a throwaway class and discovered it was fun, got hired by the schools main stage, had some money shoved in my pocket to show up at a party and the rest is history.

Hi Parisii,
Welcome to CB! Seems impressive! Keep checking back and posting now you are all signed up, enjoy!
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back