Fixture recommendation Battery LED light

gbirdsall

Hey hive mind,

I have been searching for a product I'm not sure exists outside of cheap Chinese lights. I have a need to replace 80 battery powered lights but want to purchase something more reliable then what I have (cheap Chinese DJ lights purchased by the previous person in my position).

I need a fixture that holds a reasonable battery life (8-10 hours)
DMX and remote control
Mountable with a standard clamp
and that will last a typical 3 year replacement cycle in a relatively active touring corporate environment.

Nothing I have come across has checked all the boxes and Im hoping you guys have some suggestions.

We keep a stock of Blizzard Skyboxes. Never had any trouble with battery life, although I'm not sure I've pushed them to 10 hours. We've found them to be pretty tough. They aren't our most used fixture, but in the 18 months we've owned them, they only trouble we've had is a one broken antenna.

Cost is very reasonable. I haven't looked into remote control, but they have built in wireless dmx.

Hey hive mind,

I have been searching for a product I'm not sure exists outside of cheap Chinese lights. I have a need to replace 80 battery powered lights but want to purchase something more reliable then what I have (cheap Chinese DJ lights purchased by the previous person in my position).

I need a fixture that holds a reasonable battery life (8-10 hours)
DMX and remote control
Mountable with a standard clamp
and that will last a typical 3 year replacement cycle in a relatively active touring corporate environment.

Nothing I have come across has checked all the boxes and Im hoping you guys have some suggestions.
You can also look into the Chauvet series of wireless lights. For example the FREEDOM PARS include a wireless dmx signal accessible through a FlareCon or the app on your phone. The one down side is the C-clamp. I’m sure there is a way to get a C-clamp on it.

First thing I always ask is, does the quantity you need change or will it be fixed? If it changes check the local shops and see what they have in stock. That way if you have to sub-rent you aren't having to mix lights.

As for recommendations, the Qolorpoint we carry fits most of your requirements. Only thing is to mount it requires a removable accessory that allows you to add a clamp.
Above the Freedom PAR is mentioned. There is also the Well Fit from Chauvet that I have heard good things about. They are usually the fixture the Qolorpoint is up against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back