Fogstorm to Operator Pro

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
I doubt it, the product page clearly states what models are compatible:
Fog Machine trigger button- (compatible with MB-1000, Stallion, Vapor Flow, Fog Storm-1200 & 1700

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
If you get a Fog Storm 1200 or 1700HD it has the option of a DMX control unit.

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
Yes, and it wont work.
Fog machines need to heat up and maintain a constant temperature.

soundlight

If you're of the electronically minded persuasion, take apart the remote and wire up each switch to a DMX relay. If it's got any variable controls, make them DMX as well. There's plenty of info out on the net about dmx circuits, and you can learn plenty about DMX at http://www.dmx512-online.com/

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
If I just got a big extension cord for the wired remote that comes with the fog machine, would that work?
Yep, you can also buy DMX relays, meteor makes a pretty decent one for pretty cheap, 80-100 range if I remember correctly. Your best bet would be to make a run to your FOH position.

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
If I just got a big extension cord for the wired remote that comes with the fog machine, would that work?
Maybe, it's dependent on the environment(huge amounts of RF) and the cable itself. Long lengths of small gauge wire can make for noticeable voltage loss.

VeeDubTDI

I run 200 feet of extension cord from the booth to the stage for remote control of my wired-remote foggers. Works great!

Users who are viewing this thread