Followspot rental needed in Bozeman, MT.

Greetings, all.

I am the TD of a multi-purpose arena in Bozeman, MT and have an upcoming production that requires six followspots.

I already have two 1.2 kW xenon Super Troupers in house, but will need to rent the additional four spots. The two spots I have in house are suspended from our catwalk about 125 feet from the downstage edge. The additional four will be going on scissor lifts in the rear of the arena, for a throw distance of just under 200 feet. I assume given this additional throw, I need to be looking for more powerful spots than my in house models to get a somewhat consistent look between spots-.

Does anyone know of any rental houses in Montana or the surrounding states that could provide suitable units?

Thanks in advance for any information and advice you can offer.

You're going to need minimally 2K Xenon Super Trouper or Lycian 1290XLT. I suspect the closest rental vendor to have four matching units would be Seattle, Denver, or Las Vegas; possibly Salt Lake City.

Silhouette Lights and Staging www.silhouettelights.com is in Spokane, WA and may be the closest rental house to you.
509 747-4804

I work in the contruction and systems department so I don't have detailed memory of our rental inventory. Call in the morning (or whenever) and we will see what we can do for you. Denny is our rental manager.

If you can't get them from Spokane try PNTA, Hollywood Lights, and Christie Lights here in Seattle.

Perhaps there is a place in Boise?

I'm afraid Derek is right and you may have to go to Vegas to get spots that big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back