Free Stuff

high end is based in the midwest? i didnt know that... the sent me a nice shirt. its red with a design on it.

Hmm, Rosco swag....

Finally I have my ETC shirt. Seems the person that most deals with them was sitting on a box of swag from them so as to provide it to our customers. He was even kind of offended that not only would I strong arm the entire box of it from him but that I would provide only what he had to the shop staff given even if it was not enough to provide to all employees. Seems he would reather reserve the swag for those who buy one fixture than given many times more people than the amount of swag on hand, give out what he had available. Warned me of complaints from those who were not in the time I gave it out as the main reason he would rather sit on it than hand it out.... Have something for him to sit on. Just wait until the next time I raid their cabinets.

IT was a happy day for the shop that day I went around tossing ETC shirts out, nope while even a skeleton staff, he did not get any back - the extra's were saved for others. "Wahh" your customers won't get ETC instead of other swag, you will just have to get more. Next time I hear him saying he can't get swag he knows I want, yet he sits on it for almost a year after getting it I'm going to kick his butt around the shop. Imagine, saving the swag for some stupid high school theater festival or something similar to that instead of passing it out to the people that work with the gear on a daily basis in the shop.

This granted while on the phone with our ETC rep over some part I wanted to purchase but could not sell individually - to which I mocked them by saying ... fine, I'll buy the bolt from Altman, I also mentioned a certain specific lack of shirts in the shop. (Before I found the ECT swag box.) The vendor rep. promissed she would send some out ASAP including in the size L size as opposed to the XL and XXL and XXXL sizes normally to be found. (Talk about America being fat, what ever happened to size M?) Anyway, it's been at least a month since I was "promissed" from a ETC dealer rep our swag. I'm sure it will arrive soon. Otherwise in already stocking the shop and the sales dpt. already promissed the stuff I'm expecting, it's the sales staff's problem now to re-stock. We got ours, screw them for sitting on it a year now while saying they can't get any either. This while they sit in their nice Martin and other swag high profile gear the shop does not normally see. Even a Martin key chain with flashlight.

After that I got some Leviton swag I had not even thought about requesting, urr... Hubbell???

Ushio does not have swag persay but I'm on the list.... Have feelers out for GE swag as an update in my dealer swag goals. Show swag I don't really care about at this point... think I'm wearing a Ozzfest shirt under the sweat shirt today. It was black thus matched the outer covering.

Recently got a DMX data/signal tester TMB's about to introduce at LDI. Very interesting product, comes with leather holster. Since I don't do shows I loaned (stress on this) the tool to some of those who do. Still working on getting a play test for them of the new tester they are bringing to market. Sent it to me because I'm on their dart board as a good critic for their gear. Unfortunately I don't have much use for such a tool thus handed it off. To those I handed it off to so far, one left it on his desk, the other left it at home during shows they were to play test it on. At this point, it's a cool tester/analizer but I have no idea of it's usefulness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back