Fun New Little fixture - LED

BillESC

I've been playing with the new Flurry Wash today. Turned it on about one this afternoon and it's still running as I type.

This is a very impressive LED wash fixture. 18 - three watt Edison diodes, smooth movement with excellent built in programs.

proxy.php

One of the very well though out features is selectable pan and tilt ranges, they are as follows:
Pan: 540°, 360°, 180°
Tilt: 270°, 180°, 90°
This allows you to confine the movement to half (or less) of the room.

Beam angle: 12°
Field angle: 26°
Lux: 5,480 @ 1m average, 11,560 Lux full white.
Light source: 18x 3-Watt Edison® Brand Red/Green/Blue LED's (700mA), 50,000hrs
Power and current: 120V, 60Hz: 61W 0.5A operating, 0.7A inrush, PF 0.89
AC power: Switchable 115V/230V 50/60Hz
Weight: 8.3lbs (3.8kg)
Size: 6.8in x 6.8in x 9.8in

Here's a video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcUwdtSultw[/media]

Looks nice, We are looking into getting two lower brand movig heads but would like something that has built in gobos and colors etc. Our stage is pretty small so we don't need nor can afford huge pro moving heads :p

Looks nice, We are looking into getting two lower brand movig heads but would like something that has built in gobos and colors etc. Our stage is pretty small so we don't need nor can afford huge pro moving heads :p

You'd want to take a look at the Flurry Spot.

proxy.php

6 or 11-channel DMX-512 LED moving head
Pan: 540° / Tilt: 270°
Gobo wheel
7 gobos + open, 4 metal, 3 glass
Gobo Shake
Gobo wheel spin effect
Color wheel
8 colors + white
Split colors
Color wheel spin
Variable electronic strobe
Variable electronic dimmer (0 – 100%)
Precision quartz optics
Motorized focus
Vector speed channel for pan/tilt, Gobo & Color wheels
Built-in automatic & sound active modes via DMX
Built-in automated programs via master/slave (fast and slow)
Built-in sound activated programs via master/slave
User-selectable basic or advanced operating modes
User-selectable pan/tilt ranges
Reset to factory settings option
Pan/tilt invert option

Under $ 500.00 MAP

proxy.php

Gobo wheel
Gobo Shake
Gobo wheel spin effect
Color wheel
8 colors + white
Split colors
Color wheel spin
Precision quartz optics
Motorized focus
Pan/tilt invert option

Under $ 500.00 MAP

Hey BILLESC,

when will that LED wash light you were talking about with the RGBWA LED's be available? Thanks!

proxy.php

Gobo wheel
Gobo Shake
Gobo wheel spin effect
Color wheel
8 colors + white
Split colors
Color wheel spin
Precision quartz optics
Motorized focus
Pan/tilt invert option

Under $ 500.00 MAP

Bill, this picture looks like the Fury Spot rather than the Flurry Spot. The Flurry Spot, per this page, has a 15W RGB source, whereas the Fury Spot, per this page, has a 30W white LED source.

Don't get me wrong, both look like interesting fixtures. I just wanted to possibly clear up some confusion. I assume the Blizzard Lighting fixtures are what you're talking about here? If not, my bad...:oops:

That Flurry Spot looks exactly like the Chauvet Min Spot...

I believe the Fury is a moving head with gobos etc, and the Flurry is a wash with multipul LEDs.

I found a few places selling for $499, which if they work, would be excellent and I am definetly considering them.

I believe the Fury is a moving head with gobos etc, and the Flurry is a wash with multipul LEDs.

I found a few places selling for $499, which if they work, would be excellent and I am definetly considering them.

To clear up any confusion, the Flurry Spot has gobos and MAPs at $ 499.99 - the Flurry Wash does not have gobos and MAPs at $ 349.99

$349? Wow! How's the fan noise? I could easily pitch this too my church youth minister! They loved the last time I did LED beams and haze for them. Moving beams would be even better.

Alrighty, well we would be looking for mainly gobo use and some beams, so the Flury, I believe is the right one, would be our way to go. And price is very good for our venue.

Alrighty, well we would be looking for mainly gobo use and some beams, so the Flury, I believe is the right one, would be our way to go. And price is very good for our venue.

Unless your venue is a night club in the basement of a building a $500 moving head is not going to do much of anything for you.

From the look of the videos this light suffers from camara strobing when the LED are not at 100% or off.

at 3:31 in the video it clear that PWM dimming needs some more work.

is there a way to stop the control from binking like in the video's?

BillETC how loud is your computer? i worked with very quite (less that background level of 50db) to loud 65db+ computer.

Last edited:
So are these going to be able to cut through other lighting on the stage, or will they just get washed out? Are they less than/the same/brighter than regular 250W moving heads (like the DJspot 250)

Also, do the gobos have any rotation features?

Unless your venue is a night club in the basement of a building a $500 moving head is not going to do much of anything for you.

Well the Fury is brighter than a 250W arc moving head. So used correctly, it can function in a wide variety of spaces. But no, I wouldn't be using it at 30 foot throws.

Mike

So are these going to be able to cut through other lighting on the stage, or will they just get washed out? Are they less than/the same/brighter than regular 250W moving heads (like the DJspot 250)

Also, do the gobos have any rotation features?

The Fury is brighter (slightly) than a 250W moving head. Friend of mine bought a similar unit to replace all the 250W scanners in his rental inventory.

The wash unit will get washed out by ETC Source4 etc units. So you need to use it from a different angle or not use your front lights at 100%.

Blending LEDs into a conventional rig takes a lot of skill and forthought, but it can be done.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back