Ghosting

tyler.martin

I have a ghost... The exorcist didnt really do anything because he had never seen a lighting board before...

My CD80 racks are ghosting, ie Im bringing up Dimmer 166 and Dimmer 165 comes up as well, but only to 30%. It right now is only these two dimmers. They are on the same module if my memory serves me right, Is there an easy way to fix it? I was told just to switch this module with another one and it should be good for a while. Would this work?

As a first step I would try swapping that module with another one in the rack, if the problem persists on the same channels then it is in the rack, if the problem follows the pack it is in the pack.

Which version of CD80? The AE and before racks had little adjustments you could make to the ramp cards to trim the dimmers, while the CD80SV does not.

But first and foremost, if it is only one module with the problem, swap it with another one and see if the problem follows the module. It may just be a SSR going bad.

Just to verify.... You took the module with the ghosting out and moved it to another position in the rack and it continued ghosting in the new space?

All of your CD80 powercube needs at the best price I have found for them....
Dimming & Control - Parts

Be sure to buy some thermal compound.

If you want to buy more locally, call any lighting shop and tell them you need a CD80 powercube. Many companies make these but they are pretty interchangeable. You should not pay more then 70 or so US.

Last edited:
greatest thing i learned so far when my LMI86 rack had dimmer ghosting/staying/ or just issues in general... who would have thought it's just that easy SSR relay thats no more then 70$ to by a new one and 10 minutes to replace :) (+plus the cost of thermal compoint-little bit goes along way though.) I've bought replacement SSR (namely Crydom 24404D-10 from a place called "onlinecomponents.com"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back