Gobo projector

BillConnerFASTC

I'd like to find a small, relatively very inexpensive, gobo projector for donor names, for instance at the top of the proscenium. Ideally LED, white light only I think, and good for a name in maybe 6" high characters "The Control Booth Stage" for instance. Mini-S4LED would be great but would like to have a lower cost option. Hardwire, and hopefully a dimming driver. I think. Just thinking for a client of modest means and wanting go recognize donors.

I had good luck with Times Square fixtures back when I was building for museums. At that time, LED hadn't taken off, but I would take a look at this one. While I was looking this up, I found a company that has quite a few options, but I know nothing about them.

Last I checked, bot Martin and Elation offered one.

Have you considered using a projector instead? You can use "transparent" video slides (even wash them out if they're too bright) and shoot them across your lobby floor, on the ceiling, oblique angles -- all sorts of fun stuff. Plus you can load all the logos onto one file (PPT, perhaps) and then just run the video on a loop...mike

Or there is this one that Panasonic released a few years back....Mike

Or there is this one that Panasonic released a few years back....Mike

At $3k each you might as well just buy a normal 5000lm projector. Also probably need multiple units to get the full width of the donor signage.

Would be more interesting in a lobby or front of house area where you can use it in a environment more like it was designed for -- retail, and use as rolling signage to recognize different tiers of donors, promote ticket sales, and promote additional donations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back